RTW: Give Thanks!

Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway’s contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody’s unique take on the topic.

We’d love for you to participate! Just answer the prompt on your own blog and leave a link — or, if you prefer, you can include your answer in the comments.

This Week’s Topic:

What writing or publishing-related thing(s) are you most thankful for?

There are so many great things about the writing world that I’m grateful for!

First off is books. I wouldn’t be here without them! They taught me to love the written word. (The first novel I read was The Neverending Story. My mom, an avid reader, was determined that I would become one too. So she made me read every day for 30 minutes. It took me 6 months to read the book, and I fought the whole way, but when I closed the back cover on that book, I was hooked.)

Second is inspiration and ideas. I wouldn’t be here without them either. I love my characters–all of them. They keep me company at night as I try to fall asleep.

And third is the writing community. I’ve posted about it before, but seriously … y’all rock. I love hobnobbing with other writers, talking shop and all that. And you guys–fellow bloggers–make me so happy! I get to connect with other writers every day because of this wonderful blogging community. So for that I say a big ol’ THANKS!

found via pinterest

What about you? What are you grateful for?

Also, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I’m going to eat pie and birthday cake, because tomorrow’s also my birthday. So that’ll be fun.

18 thoughts on “RTW: Give Thanks!

1. Sarah says:

Aww The Neverending Story is such a great one to get started on! It’d hook just about anyone :)

And I love the word “hobnobbing.” I think the writing community excels at that!

2. Colin says:

The art of storytelling is a blessing and a gift to us–something we all should be thankful for. And I agree that the writing community is also a huge blessing–and that includes you, Kris! Thank you for taking time out to read and comment on my blog. And happy birthday for tomorrow! :)

3. Angelica R. Jackson says:

Yum, birthday cake and pie together! Have a happy birthday and Thanksgiving day. And I had to laugh that your mom made you read–mine was always saying, “Put that book down and pay attention to the real world for a change!”

4. Kitty says:

Happy Birthday!! Nov. 24 is the bestest birthday around. :) (My birthday post yesterday was two days early, by the way!) For sure, lots to be thankful for. One of the biggest things I’m thankful for this year is having started a blog so I could meet awesome fellow bloggers and writers (with awesome birthdays) like you. Have a great t-day b-day!

5. Rachael HarrieR says:

Hope you had a happy Thanksgiving (and Happy Birthday as well) :)

The blogging community is wonderful, isn’t it!

Hugs,

Rach

PS – I wonder if your RSS fees is not working? I tried to subscribe but it wouldn’t let me :(

R

• Rachael HarrieR says:

Nup, still doing it :( Maybe try clicking on your RSS icon yourself (top right) – hopefully you’ll see what I mean. It’s just giving me a page full of writing O_O

Hugs,

Rach

So I looked into it. Do you use Google Chrome? I tried on my Chrome browser, and nada pinata. Then I tried on IE and it worked. In the help forums, there are several posts saying that Google Chrome has issues with their RSS Feeds. So it seems to be a browser issue. If you don’t use Chrome, let me know and I’ll email the tech people. Thanks for letting me know!