First of all, I realized that I didn’t do a recap on my 2012 goals. I mean, I failed all of them, but I post goals in part to be held accountable. So here goes:
1. Do everything I possibly can to get an agent. Which can be broken down into the following subgoals:
a. Write the best damn book I can. FAIL.
b. Write the best damn query letter I can. FAIL.
c. Send those damn awesome things out! FAIL.
2. Read 50 books this year, with at least 30 of those being YA. FAIL.
3. Finish and edit FRACTURED RADIANCE and RED SKY (and query one of these). FAIL.
4. Draft a 3rd book TBA. (Not TBD though … I already know what it is in my li’l ole head.) FAIL.
Wow, good job me. Now on to better things. Awesome Things, to be exact.
1) A Memory of Light
This is the 14th and last book in the epic fantasy series, The Wheel of Time. I started reading the series the summer before my freshman year of high school (1999), so you can bet I’m excited for this book! AND, my parents were awesome enough to go to a signing for me in my hometown of Charleston, SC, (also the hometown of the original author, Robert Jordan), and snag a signed copy for me. Score!
2) Days of Blood and Starlight
Seriously, y’all? This book is more than knock-your-socks-off awesome. It’s explode-your-socks-and-subsequently-your-feet-because-you’re-wearing-this-particular-pair-of-socks awesome. It’s Amazing dipped in Awesome Sauce served on a WOW platter with a garnish of Blew My Mind. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is really, really ridiculously good. This … is almost perfect.
4) This image that I repinned from Laini Taylor on Pinterest:
Remember how I have a major crush on Laini Taylor slash I want to be her?
That’s become even more stalker-worthy.
But seriously … that woman can write. And pins awesome stuff.
How’s your week? What’s awesome?