WUW: Oh lately it’s so quiet

What’s Up Wednesday is an easy and fun weekly blog hop that’s hosted by Jaime Morrow and Erin L. Funk. All you do is answer the four main questions, then visit the other participants’ blogs to see what they’re up to this week. Join us! Jooooiiiin uussss!

wuw treeWHAT I’M READING

Still working on Throne of Glass. Good grief. I really do like this book, but the odds haven’t been in reading’s favor for me lately. This does not make me happy. I love to read! I shall do some tonight, no matter what.

WHAT I’M WRITING

I’m about 5k into my new WIP now, which I’m going to refer to as the Book of Eire or BoE. This isn’t a working title, but just something to call it so I don’t have to keep calling it my new WIP. :) The protagonist is originally from Ireland, hence the use of Eire. I had a great writing sesh last night, getting in 1500 words and I only stopped because it was bed time. (Turbo took an incredibly short nap yesterday and robbed me of my normal writing time.) I’m submitting to my writing group tonight and I’m excited to see what they think of the story on Saturday. Also I have been having all kinds of THOUGHTS and IDEAS about the story, which has me very excited about this story. I need to finish this post up quick so I can write!

WHAT INSPIRES ME

The Naked and Famous, obvs. Haha! I wonder how many times I’ve said that on a What’s Up Wednesday post. But seriously. Their music just gets me. Or I get it. Also, I’ve been diving back into Florence + the Machine lately which has been woooooonderrrrrfullll. Florence Welch also gets me, man. Yay music!

WHAT ELSE I’M UP TO

So, we decided the dog run needs to be somewhere else in the yard. Hah! Whoops! So much for those post holes we already dug. But this is a much better location. Unfortunately, its proximity to our future patio delays its construction until we can get the patio poured. So now we’re waiting on estimates from concrete guys.

I’ve got a blog redesign coming, which I’m very excited about. This layout and design is tired and old, and frankly, not very me. It’ll be nice to have something prettier and more professional looking. And I need your help! I’m going to move my helpful links to their own page, and really want to beef up my writing/publishing resources. So please share your favorite writing/publishing blogs and links! I would be most grateful. Thanks in advance!

That’s about it! Quiet week around here, which is nice. How’s your week going?

12 thoughts on “WUW: Oh lately it’s so quiet

1. Kitty says:

Oooh, a new blog design! Awesome. I have been thinking very seriously (very, very serious thinking… but no action) about a new blog design lately. Mine is getting pretty old and crusty. But, I have also been thinking very, very seriously about a new pen name so I need to make a final decision on that and then … new blog design.
    The new WIP sounds awesome based on the Irish background alone! I have a soft spot for anything Irish. :)

Oh, then you’ll love this book because it’s chock full of Irish stuff, including some actual Irish. (Thank you, internet.) And yes, definitely decide on a pen name before the re-design, and yes, definitely need to get on that since you’re going to self-pub lady!!

2. Jaime Morow says:

I love Florence + the Machine. So good! A new blog design is always fun. Every so often I get the urge to freshen things up and then completely overhaul my blog. Can’t wait to see what your new design looks like. It’s wonderful that you’re so excited about your story and that the words are flowing. Hope you have a wonderful week, Kris!

I love when you re-design your blog. You’re so talented! Unfortunately, I don’t have the skills so I’m paying, but I do have hook-ups so it won’t be as expensive. :) Have a great week!

3. katyupperman says:

Ooh, looking forward to seeing your new blog design! Now you’ve got me wanting to tinker with mine. :-) Best of luck with your new WiP. I love the beginning of drafting when the possibilities are wide open. Have a great week, Kris!

4. Kirsten Lopresti says:

Can’t wait to see your new blog design. I’ve been meaning to do something with mine, too. I’ve been using the same template since I started. Good luck with the Book of Eire. Can’t wait to hear more about it.

Thanks! I’ve been so excited to start this book and a large part is due to the Irish connections. Love me some Ireland, even though I haven’t actually been there. One day!